5 Foods That Help Ease Anxiety
A common goal for most is to lose weight or diet. While that can be a sensible intention, for some people it seems to not work out. All in all, it’s a discouraging goal to have. The pressure to achieve this target can be difficult and enormous, even to the point to cause anxiety. So, why not look at your goal to help with the symptoms of anxiety? These food choices will help you throughout the year and have nutritious value too.
- Fatty Fish: Salmon contains Omega-3 which is a fatty acid that helps ease anxiety.
- A study piloted on men reported the link between omega-3’s and reducing anxiety.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains healthy bacteria, probiotics to help reduce anxiety. Research found that consuming yogurt on a regular basis can increase happiness and reduce stress. It is one of the best probiotic for anxiety and depression.
- Dark Chocolate: Yummy! Here are the benefits of dark chocolate: Dark chocolate might reduce anxiety and improve mood. Chocolate is high in tryptophan which helps the serotonin in the brain. Dark chocolate also has magnesium which helps reduce symptoms of anxiety.
- Eggs: The facts about eggs and anxiety. Egg yolks are the great source of Vitamin D and protein. Eggs also contain tryptophan, an amino acid that helps create serotonin. The neurotransmitter that helps balance sleep, mood and relieve stress and anxiety.
- Water: Does dehydration cause anxiety? Staying hydrated with clean filtered water is very important. A study from University of Connecticut showed that dehydration can cause anxiety. Be sure to consume water during the day to help ease anxiety symptoms.
Choosing healthy foods that aim to ease anxiety and stress has many benefits!